WHEN: Saturday & Sunday, October 26 & 27 – 12noon -9pm
WHERE: 651 W. Tower Ave. in Alameda – all around Almanac Beer Co. and Admiral Maltings neighboring homes
WHAT: Inaugural Alameda Harvest Celebration at The Point!
- Neighbors Almanac Beer Co. and Admiral Maltings team up to host a weekend-long showcase of the island’s bounty from more than a dozen Alameda based companies and purveyors
- Experience Alameda Point and enjoy all that Alameda Island has to offer as it has evolved into a haven for craft beer, wine, spirits, coffees and fabulous food.
- Benefit the homeless! A portion of proceeds will benefit the Alameda Point Collaborative, a local nonprofit working to end homelessness in the Bay Area.
- Kid- friendly and wheelchair accessible
- Dog-friendly dogs on leash welcomed!
- Admission is free!
- Food & beverages are pay-as-you-go.
- Free map – a curated tour of the best places to eat, drink, stay & play in Alameda
- RSVP on Facebook here and follow #alamedaharvest on Instagram
Who’s Showing Up?
Bands – Live Music Both Days!
- Saturday: 1pm-4pm – Snap Jackson & The Knock on Wood Players
- Sunday: 1pm-4pm – Jinx Jones Trio
Alameda’s Finest Libations & Artisanal Food Purveyors:
- Admiral Maltings
Co-host Admiral Maltings produces premium quality freshly kilned malt sourced from sustainable barley, rye and other grains from the Sacramento Valley, using traditional floor-malting. Over 500 unique, new beers have been brewed with Admiral’s top-shelf malt varieties.
- Almanac Beer Company
Co-host Almanac, launched in 2011, set out to brew beers inspired by California’s rich agricultural bounty. Their motto, Farm to Barrel, reflects their passion for brewing barrel-aged beers that showcase ingredients from CA farms. Varieties span the gamut from delicate oak-aged lagers, to nuanced barrel-aged sours, decadent stouts, and of course, hazy IPAs.
- Alameda Island Brewing
- Alameda Point Craft Soda Company
- Building 43 Winery
- Burnt Ends BBQ
- Devout Coffee
- Faction Brewing
- Hangar 1 Vodka
- Rock Wall Wine Company
- Scolari’s Good Eats
- Squabisch Pretzels
- St. George Spirits
- Urban Legend Cellars
About Alameda Point Collaborative , beneficiary of the event
The Alameda Point Collaborative‘s mission is working to end homelessness by providing housing and services to create communities where formerly homeless families and individuals can flourish. In 1999, APC transformed vacant military housing on the former Alameda Naval Air Station into a supportive housing community. APC now provides over 500 formerly homeless residents with the safety and stability of a place to call home. APC has also created social enterprise businesses including Farm2Market and Ploughshares Nursery.