Put on your PRIDE and pick up a ping pong paddle, while you raise some money for PULSE. Join the festivities from 9pm to 2am Fri. night, June 24. SPiN, the new Ping Pong Salon at 690 Folsom St. in San Francisco, kicks off SF Pride Weekend with a fundraiser for Pulse Nightclub victims and their families. Staff wanted to bring the community together and host a party to benefit the victims of the tragic Pulse Nightclub massacre. PULSE and SPiN and PRIDE share a common thread – they are all about community and taking care of community.
SPiN invites you to come play PONG and show your PRIDE! Or just show up and have fun watching people play. Event & Community Manager, Lauren Magboo, has some great hopes for the event. “We hope to celebrate love and to raise money for an amazing cause.” There are three ways they are raising money – collecting a donation at the door (no cover charge at SPiN), buying the PRIDE Night’s Specialty Cocktails and donating on line to the official GoFundMe page if you cannot attend. (You may want to visit that page anyway for a hopeful story!)
So, what are the Pride Kick-off Specialty Cocktails?
- SPiN Royale – SPiN’s PRIDE version of the classic French Kir Royale with grapefruit juice and Absinthe
- SPiNarita – a spicy Mango Margarita with Heradurra Tequila enhanced with a mega purée of agave, fresh lime juice and firewater bitters
- Aperol Spritz – the traditional lovely Italian aperitif
- La Marca Prosecco
- Seven Hills Rosé Wine
Proceeds from the event donations and specialty cocktails go to the National Center for Victims of Crime supporting the victims and families of the Pulse shooting in Orlando.
Show up with your friends and fill the 12,00 sq ft space. You can also call 415-636-5995 and book a table or book online.
SPiN opened in San Francisco a month ago, following in the footsteps of the celeb famous SPiN NYC which has been a happening for seven years. They have a salon in Chicago and two franchises – in Toronto and Los Angeles.
- WHEN: Fri., June 24, 2016
- WHERE: SPiN Ping Pong Salon, 690 Folsom St. in San Francisco
- WHAT: SPiN’s SF PRIDE kick-off fundraiser for PULSE
- WHY: Come together as a community, have some fun, kick off SF Pride Weekend and raise money for the victims and families of the PULSE Nightclub shooting in Orlando