Come Celebrate Richmond Rainbow Pride’s Fifth Birthday!
WHEN: Sunday, June 2, 10am – 3pm
WHERE: Marina Bay Park – Regatta Blvd & Melville Square in Richmond
WHAT: Annual Richmond Rainbow Pride Event – This year they are also commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, a gay club in Greenwich Village.
What’s happening this year?
- Entertainment– here’s the lineup:
- 10 – 10:05 a Welcome to Richmond Rainbow Pride 2019 by Mayor Tom Butt
- 10:05-10:10a Blessing by Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
- 10:10-10:40a Viva Commotion & Friends
- 10:40 – 10:50a AMA
- 10:50-10:55a Jovanka Beckles
- 10:55-11a Speaker (tbd)
- 11-11:30a Kippy Marks
- 11:30a-12p Xavier Toscano
- 12-12:30p Mad Fiction
- 12:30 – 1p Viva Commotion and Friends
- 1-1:40p Ruby’s in Town
- 1:40 – 2:10p Kymberly
- 2:10 – 2:15p Karen Ripley
- 2:15 – 3p The Dynamic Miss Faye Carol
- Proclamation – presented by Supervisor John Gioia representing West County
- Community Awards
- Free STD testing by CCC Public Health Services
- Get a job! UPS will interview and hire for jobs on site again this year. They had 6-8 HR people at the park in 2018.
- New flag presentation
- Annual art project for the whole community
- Water will be provided. Bring your own picnic lunch and a cup for the water. Taco truck and drinks. Friendly dogs allowed – on leash only.
Celebrating five years, Richmond Rainbow Pride values and welcomes its community partners and LGBTQI – friendly businesses and organizations to its annual Pride event. Since the beginning the group wanted to be visible. “By having this family-friendly event, we are visible,” says Richmond Rainbow Pride vice president, BK Williams. ”And people can be grateful Richmond Rainbow Pride is part of their community.”
“We are building community and we want people to know they are not alone.” According to Williams, board members talk to every person that comes to the pride event. “We want them to have a good time. We are proud to celebrate and come together.” Conversations are very important. “Everyone is able to sit down and talk,” continues Williams. “It’s a way to connect.”
Thank you Sponsors!
- Green Remedy
- Holistic Healing Collective
- Left Side Printing
- New West Company
- Office of Mayor Tom Butt
- Renewal by Andersen
- Various community individuals
- Zell and Associates
Thank you Community Partners!
- Contra Costa Public Health
- Contra Costa County Health Services Department
- Divas Entertainment
- LAMBDA Democratic Club
- Mira Vista School
- Multicultural Bookstore
- New York Life
- Oasis Legal Services
- Office of Supervisor John Gioia
- Open Door United Methodist Church
- Point Molate Alliance
- Richmond Arts and Culture Commission (RACC)
- Rainbow Community Center
- Richmond Progressive Alliance (RPA)
- Sierra Club
- Somos Familia
- West County Democratic Club
ABOUT Richmond Rainbow Pride ~ Family . Friends . Community
Richmond Rainbow Pride (RRP) is a group of LGBTIQQ individuals and allies who live, work and/or play in or near Richmond, CA, coming together for the collective benefit of the LGBTIQQ community of Richmond. RRP creates spaces that are safe and welcoming to the LGBTIQQ community of Richmond; holds events of interest to the community; advocates for the interests of the community; and promotes LGBTIQQ visibility in the greater Richmond community.