Don’t miss the Berkeley Kite Festival – a FREE family event that will paint the skies over Berkeley this weekend.
WHEN: Sat/Sun, July 28/29 from 10am-6pm.
WHERE: Cesar E. Chavez Park at the Berkeley Marina. Parking at the Marina or at
Golden Gate Fields (for $20), but the shuttle is FREE. (Use Buchanan St. access to beat the traffic)
WHAT: 32nd Annual Berkeley Kite Festival & West Coast Kite Championships
- Fun Activities both days:
Free Kite Flying Lessons
Free Kite Making,
Free Candy Drop, (According to this year’s sponsor, Hills Physicians Medical Group, healthy treats will be mixed with the candy!)
Free Rokkaku Battle
- Worlds Largest Octopus Kite
- Humongous Kites: Bigger than a house and longer than a train!
- Sodo-Cho Kite Team from Hamamatsu, Japan. Amazingly, their kites are made from fine paper and bamboo.
- Bay Area Sport Kite League
- Great Food & Music!
- Bounce House, Petting Zoo, Face-painting, Pony Rides and more!
- Sunday evening dinner cruise!
KITE FLYING: Kites are for everyone – for artists, adventurists, animation fans, dreamers and those with a love of modern kite flying.
“ I love kites,” says Tom McAlister, owner of Highline Kites in Berkeley and founder of the Berkeley Kite Fest.”The physical act of looking up while flying kites makes you healthy. Become part of our Berkeley Kite Festival where the earth, wind, and sky combine to create an unequaled f