WHEN: Saturday, September 23
- Swimmer Check-in: 7:30- 9:15am
- Pre-race Instructions: 9:30-9:45am
- ½, 1 & 2 mi swims: 10am-12noon
- Awards & refreshments: 12-1pm
WHERE: Keller Beach, Miller/Knox Regional Shoreline
WHAT: Join Richmond Swims at Keller Cove & Help Raise Funds for Richmond’s Sailfish program
- Eighth annual open water Bay swim
- Open water swim competitions for youth ages 6 to 18 and adult swimmers at ½-mile, 1-mile and 2-mile distances – wetsuit and non-wetsuit.
- Fundraising event to benefit the youth USA swim team “Sailfish” program in the City of Richmond, which is based at the restored Richmond Municipal Natatorium, known as The Plunge.
- Proceeds will be used to provide scholarships to inner-city and at risk youth throughout Richmond; pay for pool rental fees, training equipment and coaches’ salary.
- East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) will provide water safety and lifeguard services for the event.
- This is the final event of the Pacific Masters 2016 open water swim season
Presented by: Richmond Plunge Masters (RPM)/Richmond Sailfish
Sanctioned by: USMS/Pacific Masters and USA Swimming/Pacific Swimming Lifeguard Services and East Bay Regional Park District
All participants must be 2017 USMS certified members. Non-USMS swimmers may register with USMS at the event on race day for a standard membership or for a single event membership at reduced cost
The swim is open to handicapped swimmers; contact Head Coach John Schonder regarding specific water assistance needs
- 18yrs. + over -1/2 mi, 1mi, 2mi – wetsuit, non-wetsuit