Pt. Richmond Summer Concert!
WHEN: Friday, September 14, 5:30-7:45pm
WHERE: Corner of Park Place and Washington Ave in Pt. Richmond
5:30p – 6:30p Achilles Wheel – Music: High-Energy Roots, World & Rock & Roll
- “Their sound comes across as both Old School and New School and is riddled with great songwriting. The one thing that rises to the surface as you get to know this band is that supporting the benefit of our human condition is foremost in their work. They play hard as a way to break down walls and celebrate life. The idealism that they embraced as younger men has not diminished in the harsh light of the modern world as we struggle to live freely and have a good time, and in the end, hopefully matter. Achilles Wheel fearlessly sings out to these times.” Achilles Wheel website
6:45p – 7:45p Ruckatan Latin Tribe – Music: Latin, Reggae, Caribbean
- Rúckatan Latin Tribe is composed of seven players who have all contributed to the local Latin Rock scene in the Bay Area and internationally with various Latin, Reggae and Rock acts. Rúckatan is a fusion of Latin and Reggae.
- “We have been working on a sound that is a mix of Latin and Reggae, with various overtones of music that has influenced us over the years. The grooves are heavy within the art of songwriting. “
WHAT: Outdoor Summertime Concert in historic downtown Pt. Richmond
- Local restaurants are open on concert nights, offering a wide array of great food
- The Arts of Point Richmond are featured
- Wine, beer and sometimes Margaritas
- Face painting for children
- Don’t forget: The Point is MUSIC!
- The stage is at the crossroads of Washington Ave & Parlk Pl. Park Place will be blocked off at 3pm. Cars will be towed if there past 3pm
- There’s ample parking on Railroad Ave and on East Richmond across from the elementary school
Concerts are held the second Friday of each summer month through September with a grand finale extra concert the last Friday of that month
About Point Richmond Music
The all-volunteer PRM committee shares a vision of celebrating diversity and promoting the arts and community through the universal language of music.PRM concerts offer a gathering place for people of all ages, ethnicities, and walks of life, who come together to enjoy musical talent of many genres from Richmond, the Bay Area and beyond. In addition to producing its free summer concert series, the group is proud to help support year-round music in Point Richmond through its sponsorship of the Point Richmond Acoustic series and the Point Richmond Jazz series, which run October through May at the First United Methodist Church, and to foster the development of the next generation of musicians through contributions to Washington Elementary School’s music program. Fourteen years of this collaborative effort have been made possible through donations of time and money from local businesses and volunteers.