WHEN: Saturday, August 12 10am – 12noon; Count takes place at 11am
Craneway Pavilion – Ford Assembly Plant: 1414 Harbour Way So in Richmond
WHAT: The Rosie Rally. Join all the other “Rosies” as they defend (and break!) the Guinness World Record for “The Largest Gathering of People Dressed as a Rosie the Riveter.” This record now stands at 2,229 Rosies. Details of what to wear and where to find them:
- Headscarf/ bandanna must cover the hair – outfit must be DARK BLUE – NO Headbands NO Overalls Details resources and FAQs.
- Anyone dressed as “Rosie” can participate: Women, men, children, all are welcome!
- To be counted in the official World Record participants MUST dress as “Rosie”
- Dogs on leashes are OK. Do clean up after your pet!
THE HOME FRONT FESTIVAL
WHERE: Two locations:
- Lucretia Edwards Park: 1500 Marina Way South in Richmond
- SS Red Oak Victory Ship: 1337 Canal Blvd in Richmond
- USS Potomac, Franklin D. Roosevelt’s famous yacht
- A 1940s bus from the Pacific Bus Museum
- Military vehicles from the American Armory Museum
- Associated events on the SS Red Oak Victory Ship
- An aircraft cockpit display from the USS Hornet
- Hands-on activities for children
- Information on Victory Gardens from the UC Master Gardeners’ program
- East Bay Center for the Performing Arts: The Klipptones, Tiffany Austin, Mexican music and dance ensemble Son de la Tierra, vocal ensemble Voices of Reason and West African Music and Dance.