WHEN: Saturday, August 12 10am – 12noon; Count takes place at 11am
Craneway Pavilion – Ford Assembly Plant: 1414 Harbour Way So in Richmond
WHAT: The Rosie Rally. Join all the other “Rosies” as they defend (and break!) the Guinness World Record for “The Largest Gathering of People Dressed as a Rosie the Riveter.” This record now stands at 2,229 Rosies. Details of what to wear and where to find them:
- Headscarf/ bandanna must cover the hair – outfit must be DARK BLUE – NO Headbands NO Overalls Details resources and FAQs.
- Anyone dressed as “Rosie” can participate: Women, men, children, all are welcome!
- To be counted in the official World Record participants MUST dress as “Rosie”
- Dogs on leashes are OK. Do clean up after your pet!
THE HOME FRONT FESTIVAL
WHERE: Two locations:
- Lucretia Edwards Park: 1500 Marina Way South in Richmond
- SS Red Oak Victory Ship: 1337 Canal Blvd in Richmond
- USS Potomac, Franklin D. Roosevelt’s famous yacht
- A 1940s bus from the Pacific Bus Museum
- Military vehicles from the American Armory Museum
- Associated events on the SS Red Oak Victory Ship
- An aircraft cockpit display from the USS Hornet
- Hands-on activities for children
- Information on Victory Gardens from the UC Master Gardeners’ program
- East Bay Center for the Performing Arts: The Klipptones, Tiffany Austin, Mexican music and dance ensemble Son de la Tierra, vocal ensemble Voices of Reason and West African Music and Dance.
- Food trucks
- Visit Richmond CA booth – Your Richmond tourism bureau providing info. about & maps of Richmond
- Rosie Discounts around Richmond (see Below)
- And much more!
- For more info.
Plan to stay in Richmond and drop by any of these businesses for your special Rosie Discount!
- Annie’s Annuals -1 Free Plant
- Armistice Brewing -1/2 Price Pint
- Assemble Restaurant -15% Off
- Benoit Casper Brewing -10% Off
- Brezo at the Baltic -15% Off
- Butch’s Antiques -15% Off
- Carica Wines -10% off Bottles
- Catahoula Coffee -Free Mimosa
- East Brother Brewing -All Day 🙂 hr
- El Sol Restaurant -10% Off & $5 Rosie-rita
- Extreme Pizza -15% Off
- Four2Nine Wine -20% Off
- Guillermina Asian Arts -10% Off
- Hotel Mac Restaurant -10% Off
- Kaleidoscope Coffee -10% Off
- Little Louie’s -15% Off
- Mom & Pop Art Shop -M&P pay tax
- Mountain Hardwear -10% to RORI
- Pt Richmond Optometry -25% Off
- R&B Cellars Wine -10% Off
- Station One Farmhouse -10% Off
- The Incurable Collector -15% Off
- Up & Under Pub -10% Off $20+
Vendor information provided by Visit Richmond CA.
© Copyright SF on the Bay 2017. Unauthorized use of content or parts of content is prohibited without a written permission by the author. Excerpts may be used, however, only with a clear credit to the source as follows: Author attribution: SF on the Bay; Link to original article.