Photo courtesy of Amazon Watch website
Celebrate Autumn in downtown Pt. Richmond! PRBA (Pt. Richmond Business Association) is bringing the annual Harvest festival back to downtown Pt Richmond Saturday, October 5, 10am-4pm. Why? To chalk up the sidewalk and patronize all the shops, cafes and restaurants! Park Place will be closed off for dancing in the street! This event raises funds to supports the local non-profits and the Washington School PTA. Proceeds from the Chalk Art Contest will benefit the Amazon Rainforest through Amazon Watch. PRBA is open to accept donations of any size to help make this event a success.
Check Out the Sat., Oct. 5th Schedule!
- 10:30a – 12:30p Chalk Art Contest Register here. https://pointrichmondfallfest.com and note the location for “check-in” that morning
- 11:00a – 11:45a Free Zumba Lesson by Weigh of Life
- 12:00p – 12:45p Hula Dancing Performance
- 12:30p – 1:00p Chalk Art Judging
- 1:00p – 3:00p Live Rock & Blues by Richmond’s GTS Band
- 3:00p – 4:00p Raffle and Chalk Art Awards*
*Chalk Art Awards:
- Sailing trip for up to 6 people on a brand new Beneteau 38.1, thanks to Passage Nautical Enterprises
- Dinner for 4 at Anaviv’s Table
- Gift Certificate at Mom & Pop Art Shop
- Live Rock and Blues by Richmond’s GTS Band
- The Point’s First Annual Chalk Art Contest – Amazon Rain Forest Theme
- Pumpkin Decorating Patch hosted by Kaleidoscope Coffee
- Vendor booths
- Face Painting
- Deluxe Video Game Truck
- Cake Walk
- Beer and Margaritas
- Carnival Food including: hand-dipped corn dogs from Brezo, churros from El Sol & snow-cones from Pt. Richmond Business Association
- Shops are open throughout the day and want to give you a warm welcome!
Details about the Chalk Art Contest
All participants will “purchase” an assigned square in advance for $20. They will have two hours to complete their work of art. The theme is saving the Amazon Rainforest – creativity is strongly encouraged. Participants will be judged by a panel of local community members in the arts. The top three contestants will be awarded prizes from stores in town. Each concrete sidewalk square varies in size, but average around 40” x 48”. Please select your preferred sidewalk square at your time of purchase (please note that this may not be the square you receive). Register here. https://pointrichmondfallfest.com
This is a family event so please do not use foul language or imagery in the art pieces.
Participants may bring their own sidewalk chalk and brushes. Please make sure that all chalk is non-toxic. Sidewalk chalk will also be provided the day of by Mom and Pop Art Shop, a local art supply shop in town.
All proceeds will go to a local non-profit, Amazon Watch (www.amazonwatch.org). From their website:
“Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon’s ecological systems.”
Volunteers are needed!
Are you interested volunteering on the day of the event? If so, please text Josephine Orozco of El Sol Restaurant and Catering at 510.205.4994.
Other event questions: Sabrina Richter [email protected]