WHEN: Sat. & Sun., July 28 & 29, 12noon – 6pm
WHERE: Downtown Oakland adjacent to the 12th St./City Center BART station
- 14th St. & Broadway
- 16th St. & San Pablo Avenue
- Promenade beside City Center West Garage (off MLK Jr. Way between 12th & 14th St.)
- 11th St. & Jefferson
- National Recording Artists
- Hot Local Bands
- Blues & Gospel Showcases
- Urban Dance Stage
- Turf Dance Battle
- Salsa Dance Stage & free lessons
- Oaktown Jams Stage
- Artisan Marketplace
- Local Craft Beer + Wine + Food
- Street Performers
- Johns Brothers Piano Co.
- Family Fun Zone
- Kinetic Arts Circus Stage – 14th & Jefferson
- Four music stages: Lineup
- Art + Soul Main Stage -11th & Jefferson
- Clay St. Stage – 14th & Clay
- Oaktown Jams Stage – 12th & Clay
- Plaza Stage – in front of Oakland City Hall
Experience the Oakland vibe!
As Art + Soul celebrates its 18th birthday, Oakland will present its rich musical heritage, culinary cultural diversity and bluesy spirit. This fun, friendly community festival showcases famed musicians, art mural paintings, a Fun Zone for kids, food, beer, wine and arts and crafts.The festival continues its annual tradition of hosting a live Gospel Showcase on the Clay Street Stage on Saturday and the West Coast Blues Society on the Clay Street Stage on Sunday.
Catch a special homecoming concert by The Pointer Sisters plus Grammy nominees Alphabet Rockers, Lyrics Born, Jazz Mafia, a full-throttle lineup from the West Coast Blues Society, a salsa stage, urban dance showcase, Turf dance battle along with the artisan marketplace and family fun.
The Artisan Marketplace is full of hand made creations – jewelry, paintings, clothing, art magnets, stationery, clocks and more. Local nonprofits will also have booths, giving you the opportunity to ask questions about their organizations and causes.
© Copyright SF on the Bay 2017. Unauthorized use of content or parts of content is prohibited without a written permission by the author. Excerpts may be used, however, only with a clear credit to the source as follows: Author attribution: SF on the Bay; Link to original article.