In its second year, Emeryville Day on the Bay, a community celebration of Emeryville’s marina district and its history, expands to include The City of Emeryville’s 10th Annual Shortest Triathlon Ever, great food from Public Market Emeryville and more. (Public transportation tips below)
The Periodic Table is hosting the Beer Garden. “Shiba Ramen and The Periodic Table are thrilled to participate in this year’s Day on the Bay,” says Jake Freed of the husband/wife owner team. “It’s a terrific chance for us, as well as the other Public Market Emeryville vendors, to get out in the community and let everyone know about the dining and drinking hub we’re creating at the Market. Shiba Ramen will be serving its most popular item, Spicy Ramen, and The Periodic Table will be selling local craft beer, with all proceeds going toward the Blue Water Foundation.” Beer is donated by local brewers Altamont Beer Works, Gilman Brewing Co., Novel Brewing Co. and Triple Voodoo Brewing.
Here’s the lineup:
- Emeryville Public Market Restaurants
- Peet’s Coffee
- Beer Garden
- Fishing Boat Tours and Rides
- Ferry Rides
- Barbary Ghost Paddle Tour
- Stand Up Paddle Lessons with 510 Waterline
- Live Music by Ivy Hill Entertainment
- Emeryville Artists a’ Painting
- Tours of Emery Cove Yacht Harbor and Emeryville Marina
- Jump House, Fishing, Face-painting, Passport & other activities for kids
- Fire Dept. rescue boat & fire engine
- Here’s the Day’s Schedule:
- Race Registration: 7:30am
- Race Starting Time: 9am
- Welcome by mayor John Bauters & Awards: 10am
- Emeryville Day on the Bay Party: 10am – 2pm
Emeryville’s Shortest Triathlon Ever (#shortesttriever) starts down in the Emeryville Marina for a 100 yd. swim in the San Francisco Bay, 3.5 mi bike ride around the marina and a 2 mi run that ends at the Marina. Athettes are invited to celebrate Fish Emeryville’s fishing fleet, watersports and the Emeryville water life style during the Emeryville Day on the Bay party. More info. at On Your Mark Events.
The Shortest Triathlon Ever is so short, anyone can do it!
- You can register for the Shortest tri the morning of the event. Registration opens at 7:30am.
- The Watergate Home Owners Association will be manning the water stand on the Bay side of Powel by the Police Station.
- Fish Emeryville will sponsor one free beer for each adult athlete at the after party
This is a free family event. According to Kate Pearson, West Coast vice president at Safe Harbor Marinas, operator of Emeryville Marina, “Everyone is invited to join in the festivities and discover the Marina District’s many thriving businesses and attractions. It promises to be a very fun day for the East Bay.”
More details coming your way soon. Stay tuned! And Save the date – Sat. March 24.
Did you Know?
Did you know Emeryville, that shortest city ever of 1.2 sq mi, has two marinas with 850 boat slips and a fleet of 6 recreational sportfishing boats.
Did you know Fish Emeryville has special shorter day trips set aside for families to go out on the Bay and explore the City, Alcatraz and Angel Island from the water while fishing?
Did you know you can walk, bike and run all along Emeryville’s beautiful shoreline?
- City of Emeryville
- Emery Cove Yacht Harbor
- Emeryville Marina, a Safe Harbor Marina
- Emeryville Yacht Club
- Emeryville on the Bay
- Emeryville Public Market & Restaurants
- Fish Emeryville
- Prop SF
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO EMERYVILLE MARINA:
Limited parking is available at the marina and will be free for Day on the Bay on March 24th, 2018.Public Transportation is highly recommended!
Take AC Transit, BART to MacArthur Station, or take Amtrak to Emeryville Station, then hop on the free Emery Go Round shuttle for service right to the marina! The Emery Go Round’s Shellmound/Powell line makes multiple stops at convenient locations throughout the city, including:
- MacArthur BART – STOP #1. Special event service will feature three additional shuttles departing from MacArthur Station at 6:30 am, 7am and 7:30 am in addition to regular service beginning at 8:20 am.
- Amtrak – STOP #25