In its second year, Emeryville Day on the Bay, a community celebration of Emeryville’s marina district and its history, expands to include The City of Emeryville’s 10th Annual Shortest Triathlon Ever and lots more:
- Emeryville Public Market Restaurants
- Peet’s Coffee
- Beer Garden
- Fishing Boat Tours and Rides
- Ferry Rides
- Barbary Ghost Paddle Tour
- Stand Up Paddle Lessons with 510 Waterline
- Live Music by Ivy Hill Entertainment
- Emeryville Artists a’ Painting
- Tours of Emery Cove Yacht Harbor and Emeryville Marina
- Jump House, Fishing, Face-painting, Passport & other activities for kids
- Here’s the Day’s Schedule:
- Race Registration: 7:30am
- Race Starting Time: 9am
- Awards: 10am
- Emeryville Day on the Bay Party: 10am – 2pm
This year, Emeryville’s Shortest Triathlon Ever (#shortesttriever) heads to the Bay! The race now starts down in the Emeryville Marina (see photo at end of story) in the San Francisco Bay and ends at the Marinas to celebrate Fish Emeryville’s fishing fleet, Watersports and Life on the Water in Emeryville during the Emeryville Day on the Bay party. More info. at On Your Mark Events.
The Shortest Triathlon Ever is so short, anyone can do it!
- 100 yd. swim in the SF Bay – 4 lengths of a school pool – 1 start – no waves
- 3.5 mi. bike ride around the marina and up to Berkeley and back
- 2 mi run that ends at the Emeryville Day on the Bay event
- Sign up for the Shortest Triathlon Ever!
- Fish Emeryville will sponsor one free beer for each adult athlete at the after party
This is a free family event. According to Kate Pearson, West Coast vice president at Safe Harbor Marinas, operator of Emeryville Marina, “Everyone is invited to join in the festivities and discover the Marina District’s many thriving businesses and attractions. It promises to be a very fun day for the East Bay.”
More details coming your way soon. Stay tuned! And Save the date – Sat. March 24.
Did you Know?
Did you know Emeryville, that shortest city ever of 1.2 sq mi, has two marinas with 850 boat slips and a fleet of 6 recreational sportfishing boats.
Did you know Fish Emeryville has special shorter day trips set aside for families to go out on the Bay and explore the City, Alcatraz and Angel Island from the water while fishing?
Did you know you can walk, bike and run all along Emeryville’s beautiful shoreline?
- City of Emeryville
- Emery Cove Yacht Harbor
- Emeryville Marina, a Safe Harbor Marina
- Emeryville Yacht Club
- Emeryville on the Bay
- Emeryville Public Market & Restaurants
- Fish Emeryville
- Prop SF