“I hope residents will join us,” says Mayor John Bauters, “as we celebrate this new community space and dedicate an incredible mural by Joey Rose Studio on May 10th. We are excited that the remaining southern portion of the Greenway and the adjoining South Bayfront Bridge are on the horizon to be completed within the next few years. ”
WHEN: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 10am
WHERE: At the Emeryville Greenway extending diagonally between the intersections at Hollis at Powell and Hollis at Stanford, close to 5701 Hollis St.
WHAT: The community is celebrating their new Peladeau Park and its mural by Artist Joey Rose
- Mayor John Bauters kicks off the celebration of the completion of the latest extension of the Emeryville Greenway*–the green tranquil heart of this 1.2 sq mi city
- Brunch treats provided by The Broken Rack and Honor Bar
- Bay Area Artist Joey Rose, presents his Mural commemorating the local ecology with a bit of whimsy
- Chance to win a gift certificate for an Emeryvillle “Night Out” and other prizes.
- Free seeds to spread throughout Emeryville.
“The City of Emeryville has been a regional leader in converting spaces with old or outdated uses into active transit and social spaces,” continues Bauters. “The opening of Peladeau Park represents the city’s latest accomplishment in the completion of that vision.”
* This extension was made possible by California Parks & Recreation and the US Environmental Protection Agency. The next section is behind Grifols.
© Copyright SF on the Bay 2017. Unauthorized use of content or parts of content is prohibited without a written permission by the author. Excerpts may be used, however, only with a clear credit to the source as follows: Author attribution: SF on the Bay; Link to original article.